Most of the lands of Neopia have a own team, the teams are:
- Haunted Woods
- Kiko Lake
- Krawk Island
- Lost Desert
- Darigan Citadel
- Mystery Island
- Roo Island
- Terror Mountain
- Virtupets Space Station
- The Practice Team A.K.A Jelly World
Types of Yooyus
- Darigan - Travels in a random direction when thrown at a moderate speed. Be careful with it when you are in front of your own goal.
- Normal- Travels in the direction thrown at a moderate speed.
- Faerie (colour) - Travels in a slight curve left or right of the direction thrown at a moderate speed, requiring more finesse to use it properly.
- Snow - Travels in the direction thrown at a slower speed, and its piercing cold slows down anyone holding it.
- Fire - Travels in the direction thrown at a faster speed and is automatically transferred between teammates after a certain amount of seconds due to the excessive heat it puts out.
- Robot - Travels in the direction thrown a slower speed, but will explode in 7-10 seconds if it isn't immediately put into a goal.
- Mutant - Behaves like a different Yooyu each time it is thrown at a moderate speed.
- If the time is 10 seconds and below and a goal is scored the referee will call game over.
- Year 1: Haunted Woods
- Year 2: Darigan Citadel
- Year 3: Roo Island
- Year 4: Krawk Island
- Year 5: Lost Desert
- Year 6: Virtupets
- Year 7: Kreludor
- Year 8: Tyrannia
- Year 9: Haunted Woods
- Year 10: Kiko Lake
- Year 11: Mystery Island
- Year 12: Kiko Lake
Kiko Lake did not participate during Altador Cup III due to being stuck in a rockslide for 2 days.
King Hagan did not allow Brightvale to participate in the Altador Cup IV due to the concern that it would ruin the kingdoms reputation of being a knowledge-run society.