Tonu are one of the many species from Tyrannia in Neopia. They are boisterous Neopets who love running around and playing ball games, even if they knock things over in the process. They have large appetites, but may tend to overeat if not careful.
Site description: "Tonu are native to the land of Tyrannia, hatched from the gigantic eggs of some unknown monster. They love nothing more than to charge around and cause havoc, knocking over whatever gets in their way." 
Appearance and Styles
- Baby, Blue, Brown, Biscuit, Camouflage, Checkered, Christmas, Cloud, Darigan, Desert, Disco, Electric, Faerie, Fire, Ghost, Glowing, Gold, Green, Grey, Halloween, Island, Jelly, Magma, Mutant, Maraquan, Orange, Pink, Pirate, Plushie, Purple, Pastel, Polka Dot, Rainbow, Red, Robot, Shadow, Sketch, Skunk, Snow, Speckled, Split, Spotted, Starry, Striped, Swamp Gas, Transparent, Tyrannian, Water, Wraith, White, Yellow and Zombie.
Below are all possible colours for Tonu. Hit "Expand" to see every one!
(Remove section if none)
Some colours of Tonu were exempt from auto-conversion when Neopets updated the pet art.
The Tonu was introduced to the site on the 21st day of Awakening, Year Four (known outside Neopia as February 21st, 2002).
How to get a Tonu
- Tonu are available to create shortly after the Giant Omelette runs out
- Through the Neopian Pound
- Through a Morphing Potion
- Through a Tonu Transmogrification Potion
- Using "Mysterious Swirly Potion". (Random)
- By playing with one of these Magical Plushies:
- Magical Blue Tonu Plushie
- Magical Green Tonu Plushie
- Magical Red Tonu Plushie
- Magical Yellow Tonu Plushie
- General Dacon
- Berti the Creator
- Hugo Fairweather
- Khan the Unstoppable
- Mr Noakes
- Wila Benne
- The default Tonu avatar looks like this.
- If you view the look-up of a Mutant Tonu who is ill, or has less than 1 HP you will receive the Tonu - Mutant Avatar. Try here, here, here, here, here, here, or here.
- IF you fight a Darigan Tonu in the Battledome you will receive the Tonu - Charge! Avatar. You need to complete the fight, however it does not matter if you wil=n or lose. Try neomailing the owners of the following Darigan Tonu's. Try here, here, here, here, or here.
- If you donate any plushie to the Money Tree you will receive the Plushie! Avatar. This Avatar pictures a Tonu.
- If you score 900 points or more at Gourmet Club Bowls you will receive the Dr. Grumps Avatar.
- If you are lucky enough to restock a "Sugar Tonu Skull" from the Chocolate Factory here, you will receive the Choclate! Avatar.
There are around 100 items associated with the Tonu. These include:
- 13 Books
- 7 Food Items
- 37 Clothing Items
- 17 Plushies
- 11 Toys
- 8 Trading Cards (TCG)'s
- They are becoming quite less limited as they appear in Neopian Pound quite frequently.
- Tonu are allergic to Neggs. Eating Neggs, or Negg-based dishes, will give a Tonu a nasty dose of Neezles.
- Neopets How to draw article on Tonu
- You can see some fun Tonu images here
- There are 4 backgrounds including Tonus, see them here.
- You can see the 5 Neogreetings including Tonus here.
- ↑ https://bookofages.jellyneo.net/species/tonu/
- ↑ Pet description http://www.neopets.com/petinfo.phtml?type=Tonu&r=516
|Neopedia ID:||Hebrew (עברית):||Dutch:|