|Alignment||Good (Formerly Evil)|
- "No, I won't. I don't need you anymore. Get away from me!!"
– Lord Darigan, banishing The Three from his mind
Although considered a villain, he initially wanted what was best for his people, and eventually returned to being good. He was the main antagonist of the Champions of Meridell plot, but reformed during The Battle for Meridell, even helping defeat Lord Kass and taking his throne back.
|Gallery of Evil Description|
His land was plagued by famine and poverty after Meridell stole the magical orb. Bent on revenge Lord Darigan spent many long years tracking down the one thing that could restore peace to his people. When he finally found the orb he began a bitter war that left Meridell devastated as his minions stopped at nothing until they returned the orb to their master.
At some point, Lord Darigan founded Darigan Citadel. Thanks to the power of The Orb, the land prospered, and knew no war, famine, or plague.
His land was plagued by famine and poverty after Meridell stole the magical orb . Bent on revenge he spent many long years tracking down the one thing that could restore peace to his people. When he finally found the orb he began a bitter war that left Meridell devastated as his minions stopped at nothing until they returned the orb to their master; however, something wasn't right. The Orb was not undoing the curse. Eventually it's power and The Three corrupted Lord Darigan's heart, mind and body, turning him into a fearsome beast until the orb was destroyed, seemingly destroying Lord Darigan. With the help of neopians everywhere, Lord Darigan was defeated and Neopia was saved.In the events of the Battle for Meridell plot, he's shown to have survived, but lost his memories for a time, turning feral, but being rescued by a little girl named Sally , who took care of him in secret and dubbed him "Mr. Scary." Darigan was shown to care for the child and protect her, until his memories returned while fighting off some Darigan soldiers who were attacking her. After this, he is shown to go back to wanting what is best for his kingdom, and wanting to stop Lord Kass's evil plan.
Since then, he has made peace with the other kingdom, and the two kingdoms seem to have a positive relationship.
AppearanceLord Darigan is a tall Korbat who is oddly humanoid in appearance compared to other Korbats.
Before the curse that befell Darigan Citadell, Lord Darigan was a white korbat with a brown beard and mane, who wore white, green and yellow robes and head adornment of some form. His tail was covered in decals (similar to bracelets).
After the curse he became very skeletal in appearance, with what appeared to be exposed bone over his entire body. Hovever, after coming out of hiding when Lord Kass invaded Meridell, he is shown to be covered in purple flesh, suggesting his skeletal appearance to be a result of the curse on his land, and suggesting he was recovering from it.
His flesh is a pale purple, and it is suggested he lost his fur. He also gained two small horns portruding from his head. He has torn wings and large korbat ears that curve like horns.
Lord Darigan wanted what was best for his knigdom. When his Kingdom had the orb, he was peaceful as his people knew no war. However, after the orb was stolen and their land was cursed, he and the rest of his people became far more aggressive. Once he regained the orb, his heart became corrupted by its power and The Three, and turned him evil until he was defeated by an alliance between his people and Meridell.
During his time as "Mr. Scary" he acts fairly bestial, but also highly protective of Sally. Once regaining his memories, he immediately begins to redeem himself, and sets off to stop the war between Meridell and Darigan Citadel.
After his redemption, he seems to still be fairly dark, but still wants what's best for his kingdom, yet was willing to fight against his own to protect the little girl Sally who had cared for him, and to overthrow Lord Kass to prevent Lord Kass from making the same mistakes he did and ruining the kingdom with the war.
- Flight: Being a Korbat, he has the wingspan necessary to fly. This is important as his home is literally a castle in the sky.
- Combat: He shows great combat prowess against Lord Kass, and in the first Meridell plot is one of the most powerful opponents. Stats can be found here
- Darigan is one of the few plot antagonists to later redeem himself in another plot.
- Out of the plot antagonists who redeemed themselves, he is the only one to do so in a separate plot rather than in the same one.
- Unlike Skarl and Hagan, he does not have anything you can do in his castle, and instead has the guards chase you out.
- Unless you joined Darigan's side in the Champions of Meridell plot, in which case he thanks you for your service, and rewards you with an avatar.
- Interestingly, Darigan painted Korbats are very similar in design, suggesting his particular transformation was not unique to him.
- The reason why he is a Lord rather than a King when he clearly rules over Darigan Citadel is never explained.