Some Neopets species are only available in limited amounts or at certain times. These species are known as Limited Edition. Limited Edition pets will be released in batches of around 1,000 a few random times a day on their pet days. Occasionally more of a limited edition species will be released during special events, such as for Neopets' birthday.
Limited Edition Pets
The Neopets that are limited edition, and their pet days, are...
- Chomby, March 22
- Cybunny, April 27
- Grundo, August 24
- Hissi, May 4
- Jetsam, Oct. 16
- Kiko, July 17
- Koi, May 25
- Lutari, April 19
- Poogle, Sept 19
- Ruki, July 29
- Tonu, Feb. 21
Limited Edition Pet Release Tip
On the pet day of the pet you want, periodically check the Top Neopets page. Find the pet you want to make, and refresh the page at random times a day until the number inside of the brackets (as seen above in the example) is higher than the number outside the brackets. This is how you'll know that there are pets of that species type available for creation!
Sometimes these numbers glitch out, so don't get discouraged! Just keep checking and re-checking!
Limited Edition Trivia
- Peophins and Moehogs used to be Limited Edition, but were later made standard.
- Flotsams used to be Limited Edition. Due to the number of Jetsam that would eat them, they became rare in Neopia. But because Flotsam became harder to find, that made the Jetsam numbers go down. Now Jetsam are Limited Edition while Flotsam are not.
- While Grundos are technically Limited Edition, they can be made at any time by visiting the Space Adoption Agency!
- While Draiks and Krawks are rare and difficult pets to get, they are not considered "Limited Edition" because The Neopets Team will never release them in the standard way!
- To make room for the standard Vandagyre, Rukis were made Limited Edition.